A special ROSE has helped me to do a better job on showing you my family's slide-show.

A special ROSE has helped me to do a better job on showing you my family's slide-show.
Unfortunatly this blog doesn't show the viewing screen full-width. However, I've got a full screen version for you if you'll just click onto this Rose. The Rose will transport you to my blog called 'All Happy Talk'. This blog was created for those who have young children; who want ideas - who enjoy creating happy times with their children and family. If you'll click the Rose, you'll go through 'space'. When you get there, take 1 to 2 seconds to scroll to the bottom of that much shorter 'blog', and you'll see the beautiful pictures; and relax among the grassy lawn I've put there for you. After the first 4 songs on 'All Happy Talk', the rest of the 90 melodies are what I use to relax with; often to fall asleep to. I hope you enjoy your visit here, and there. Diane

I'm glad you came to visit! My children welcome you. Enjoy the music & the photo-show.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sixty-Five-Alive wouldn't be a completed 'blog', if this wasn't placed here to honor my husband!

My husband served 20 years in the Marines - he did 2 tours of duty in Viet Nam. This is my husband; flying his plane - his 'buddies' gave it to him when he retired.
Among the many medals my husband
received, I think he might be most proud of the Distinguished Flying Cross
Award.
Let me write part of the words used in the newspaper article that features his photo as he receives his award - standing tall; saluting.....
Stevens was credited with saving
the lives of a helicopter crew on July 10, 1966, when its aircraft was downed
and under heavy Viet Cong fire.
Landing his helicopter in the
midst of the fire-swept area, Stevens maintained his position under heavy fire
until all members of the crew were safely aboard the
air-craft.
Despite being low on fuel after
the rescue, he volunteered for a medical evacuation
mission.
His citation read (in part):
Captain Stevens - superior aeronautical skill, initiative, and concern for the
welfare of his fellow Marines....
Proud to be an American indeed - just proud to be a brave and caring person - in any country, this man would have done the same thing for his comrades.

No comments: