A special ROSE has helped me to do a better job on showing you my family's slide-show.

A special ROSE has helped me to do a better job on showing you my family's slide-show.
Unfortunatly this blog doesn't show the viewing screen full-width. However, I've got a full screen version for you if you'll just click onto this Rose. The Rose will transport you to my blog called 'All Happy Talk'. This blog was created for those who have young children; who want ideas - who enjoy creating happy times with their children and family. If you'll click the Rose, you'll go through 'space'. When you get there, take 1 to 2 seconds to scroll to the bottom of that much shorter 'blog', and you'll see the beautiful pictures; and relax among the grassy lawn I've put there for you. After the first 4 songs on 'All Happy Talk', the rest of the 90 melodies are what I use to relax with; often to fall asleep to. I hope you enjoy your visit here, and there. Diane

I'm glad you came to visit! My children welcome you. Enjoy the music & the photo-show.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I was going through some of the Emerson letters - RWE was my great grandmother's uncle...


I thought 'no more posts' on this 'blog', until my son called me today, and told me all about enjoying SELF RELIANT by Ralph Waldo Emerson. He said: "Hey, mom - I said to myself...I'm related to this guy..."

Yes, that's true; we're fortunate to have a few of Emerson's letters - a few books, and photos that we all cherish.

My son, Thomas, reminded me that Emerson was the first
American author that really addressed all aspects of human life; life itself,
and his writings are held in high regard by many to this day.


Well, I figured I should 'bone up' on that book since I'd read portions of it years ago. To my delight, I found it right here - thanks to the I-net...what a joy!

You can check this out too: http://www.emersoncentral.com/selfreliance.htm
Having met Thomas Carylyle in his travels, Emerson began to explore the philosophical standpoint of Idealism, in which the natural world is one and the same as the mental world. Whether "Orion is up there in heaven, or some god paints the image in the firmament of the soul" does not affect the truth of nature. The mind arises from the same divine source as the natural world so religious opposition to science would be fallacious.
Note: What a nice surprise in the comment - wish the person would have not posted anonymously - might have found a 'shirt-tale' relative....
Anonymous said...
Emerson was a wise sage. Interestingly enough, although related through our mother's side, this writing has the insight that our father understood. The depth and vision....thanks be to the SOUL!
April 22, 2008 4:26 AM

No comments: