A special ROSE has helped me to do a better job on showing you my family's slide-show.

A special ROSE has helped me to do a better job on showing you my family's slide-show.
Unfortunatly this blog doesn't show the viewing screen full-width. However, I've got a full screen version for you if you'll just click onto this Rose. The Rose will transport you to my blog called 'All Happy Talk'. This blog was created for those who have young children; who want ideas - who enjoy creating happy times with their children and family. If you'll click the Rose, you'll go through 'space'. When you get there, take 1 to 2 seconds to scroll to the bottom of that much shorter 'blog', and you'll see the beautiful pictures; and relax among the grassy lawn I've put there for you. After the first 4 songs on 'All Happy Talk', the rest of the 90 melodies are what I use to relax with; often to fall asleep to. I hope you enjoy your visit here, and there. Diane

I'm glad you came to visit! My children welcome you. Enjoy the music & the photo-show.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

"I woke up this morning"...who remembers Boston? Who remembers the Who!








When you visit here, I hope you'll feel as at home as I do. I just love music; all kinds. I've created a 'place' where there's nothing but music, art, poetry, links to recipes - family living/ideas on how to help your children in this somewhat disrupting world (at times).

I've brought a few friends along; their links - the kind of friends who'll make you smile, as they make me happy also. Young people in some cases; the future leaders and inspirational spirits that I remember trying to be myself.

I've included a picture of a
new great grand child (down this page) - my how the years have passed. Being

sixty five - feeling so alive; that's how I picked my 'moniker' and the name of
my web-site.
A friend of mine reminded me
how it had 'sparked' her memor of the movie Short Circuit. Johnny-five-alive; so
I ordered the DVD of both Short Circuit, and Short Circuit II. I'd seen it
several times years ago - this week, we watched it 3 times - it's as charming
now, as before.
So many of the scenes have you
laughing; some have you crying as dear Johnny-five tries to avoid being
'disassembled' (made dead). In Short Circuit II, Johnny has another 'adventure'
- and nearly dies in this movie...but, of course, is
saved.
My favorite
movies similar to this, are ET - loving something that isn't as loveable to look
at, as you might think at first. Yet, both Johnny Five and ET have such
exceptional personalities; such kindness - it reminds me we all love the SPIRIT
of the person - what they look like has little to do with anything in life,
really.
My favorite character in Star
Wars is Yoda - his wisdom; his understanding - his patience, but he is not any
George Clooney or Clark Gable, now is he!
When you go back in time, to
the old movies - The Hunchback of Notre Dame - do we all feel love and
compassion for this 'character'? Of course we do - again, we see his plight, and
our hearts go out to him.
Do we see the heart-break of
the 'monster' created by Dr. Frankenstein? We can even feel like that 'monster'
on those days we're looking into the mirror - we simply don't feel as if we 'fit
in'. We view our 'scars' as ugly - they're not. We think we're not 'perfect' -
no one is.
We seek cosmetic surgery if
we have the funds for it - and why? We're trying to capture a 'youth' - yet, it
is how we ACT that will be 'youthful' as well as
useful.
Haven't we rejoiced at such
characters as 'Granny' on the 'Beverly Hillbillies'?? Wasn't it her spunk; her
zest, and her wit that charmed us?
How about the Golden Girls - all 3 were special,
yet 'Ma' seemed to catch my eye and heart more often than
any.
Carol Burnett made us laugh
at the character she created - the woman that wielded the mop in those late
hours! How fun we had as we could 'relate' to her; and think of all those who
are willing to work those late, long hours to make our hotels and office
buildings so clean and bright when we come to work the next
day!
Vicki Lawrence - 'MaMa' - now
that's a show (and a character) I go bonkers for! Again, she 'steals' the show
with her wit; her tenacity, and for speaking the truth - no matter how it might
sting.
~~~OH YES, AND WHAT I LIKE
MOST IS WHEN I'M HERE~~~

This place won't have those 'pop-ups' driving
you buggy. This place won't have any bad or shocking news. This place
won't make you feel anything but 'empowered' by the wisdom of the quotes; the needed information that makes you more confident
to handle your day - just as it does me.


This place will let you link to some science; some people who are providing good services and information in the business world - ideas that you can utilize if you're in the work-place.

For me, being retired, I thought about that saying: Twice Tired - tired once from working; tired twice from not working! So, I had to make a REAL 'home-page' no more 'bad-news' bears for me. And speaking of bears, my story of my bear (THIGS) will talk 'happy talk', as he takes the both of us back to the time when he was as active as I was.

This site isn't going to be broken into 'pages' - archived entries that make you have to click here and there. It's going to be just one 'long' list of memories for me; one nice place to skip from link-to-link finding all the beautiful things one needs to relax; unwind - or even 'wind up' for the day.

How do I wind up? Well, I link
to
http://search.playlist.com/ - type in Boston; get their
song:
"More Than
A Feeling", and they start singing......yup - "I woke up this
morning"..............

And speaking of morning: If you like religious and spiritual music, start your day with Ave Maria or Amazing Grace.
All the music is at your finger-tips; just know the name of the song. If you want to select by an artist, or musical group, do it that way.
For my dearest
friend, Shirley - well LeAnn Rimes does have 62 beautiful songs (including
Amazing Grace), and although you had trouble with the connection, do remember
that you need to have other computer activities shut down, to insure the best
transmission.
When you
e-mailed me about the problem, I checked this out tonight; my goodness, how she
can sing! I had the most wonderful time going through 20 of her 62 songs, and
with your voice, my dear, I can hear you across the miles as you sing with her.
I do hope Jim is doing better; that the music will calm you through those late
nights after you come home from the hospital. Give it another 'go' - and send my
love to him; as my love goes to you right now!


Are you older than me? Hooray - that's good; more gray hairs to enjoy. Well then you might enjoy the music of Mantovani - Blue Spanish Eyes; Fascination, or Beautiful Dreamer.

Whoops, did you get this far,
and Sarah Brightman ended her song? Did you click her music when you started
reading?

Do you have
the meditation room's sounds of water or the forest playing for you now?
Boy, music and the sounds of nature sure go together great, don't
they!

Okay, then here's that link to
Sarah again:
http://maidensheart.tripod.com/scarfair.mp3.

DO YOU WANT CLASSICAL TO START YOUR DAY? Sometimes I just want to 'be soothed' - okay, this is a 24/7 on-line broadcast - all you do is 'click', and then select your preferred way of listening on line.

To the left of their page, notice the ON-LINE LISTENING TAB. Click, and choose either the high-speed (I have cable, so this is what I use), or dial-up (for those who use their telephone to get their I-net service). Enjoy - as I am now: http://wguc.org/listen/streams.asp.

If you're seventyone&still fun, enjoy that trip down memory lane that's longer than mine; shorter than our kids who just haven't gotten that far yet.

Hey, make it a game of NAME THAT TUNE - as the
song starts up, have your hubby or kids try to guess the name of the song since
they can't see what you typed in! Get away from that television set, and have
some good old time family fun!

Just remember Boston's words...I
woke up this morning - be ever so glad you did!

You have
another day - the 'rest of your life', as they say. Enjoy it with good health;
proper eating - music, and feel calm before you head out into the 'real world'.

Someone asked once: "Is my life over with?"
Answer back was: "Not if you're still breathing...."

Breathe - relax, and welcome to 'this place'.
Diane

No comments: